So a few days ago I told my mother, sister and one of my best friends that I had a blog. Up until then, only two people knew. My mother asked why I never told anyone before now and I really didn’t have reason besides the fact I didn’t want anyone to say anything negative. In my past life, I was an actress and I’ve never had a problem performing on stage, in fact I loved it, but the second I knew my family was there, I got kinda nervous of what they would say. They never said anything bad, in fact they are my biggest cheerleaders; and they have cheered for me in about 100 endeavors I’ve journeyed into lol, but I was always nervous. The same thing with this blog, I was nervous of what they would say but as always everyone was supportive. I think my mother binged read the entire blog from the beginning and I know my bestie did, I was on the phone with her while she was reading. My mother even left two comments on my latest post I have yet to respond to….thanks for the nice comments mommy! So again I was worried for nothing and now my secret is out.
So to keep myself on track, I made a ToDo list of the things that I wanted to get done for the week and prayed to the God’s I would get it all done……
Create media kit Reach out to two bloggers and leave comments on a post or two Plan out three flat lay photos for Instagram Reach out to two brands forpossible collaborations (I reached out to just one) Prep post for the upcoming week
I am happy to report that I have done everything on my list; well I only reached out to one brand, but everything else is done! I am sitting down today to create this weeks list and I am confident I can get it all done or at least a good portion of it done. I have come to find that blogging is not just creating a post, but its networking with other bloggers, something that I never really did until now, so my weekly goal is to reach out to two bloggers and interact with them. I also joined a group named Small Talk Social. This group is all about helping creative businesses (would not go as far as to call my blog a business yet), grow their social presence on Instagram. Using the hashtag #thegramgang I have been able to connect with other like minded creatives and learn a ton of tips and strategies that have been helping me step my IG game up! I’ve had a ton of engagement; more than ever and I’m slowly learning how to put a feed together that is an accurate representation of the brand I am trying to grow. I highly recommend this tribe to any creative content creators who are looking to improve on this social media platform.
Well that’s it for me; I am cooking dinner as I type this and my son has given me his “I want dinner” face a few times, so I have to go.
Until next time,
Oh, update on the car you ask….well don’t! I could create an entire blog about it featuring my my dad!
This post got featured in Links a la Mode! Check out the other bloggers who were chosen!
Links à la Mode, June 9
- Elle Is For She: DIY Chic | Liv’s Tie Dye Jeggins
- Female Jungle: How to Wear Lace Tops | Styles under $100
- Fleur d’Elise: Look of the Day | Black Mockneck & Blue Linen Joggers
- Get Styled: #Guccigram | An Instagram Art Initiative
- Grazielle Camilleri: Denim Shorts and Colourful Tee
- Home to Hem: How to Ignore Fashion Rules and Find Your Personal Style
- InCorporate Mode: Guide to Shopping in Paris
- Les Assorties’: Bucolik | Exposing Design Talent Globally
- Minnie Rose: #DOFB
- Original Sam Smith: This Dress is “Mint” For Summer
- Outfit Zest: Strawberry Season
- Prime Butterfly: 7 Ways to Give Your Instagram a Facelift
- Purushu Arie: Gucci’s New Direction is Bad News for Fast Fashion
- Tales of Two: Minimising the Minimalist Trend
- Tell Me, Y…: Raffles International Showcase at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia 2016
- That Trendy Fellow: Color Pop
- This Season’s Gold: Being Mom | Celebrating with Maggy London and Wendy Williams
- Trends VIP: Australian Fashion Week from a Blogger’s Perspective
- The Wanderbliss: White Out!
- We Are Ready Made: Japonisme